Sunday, 15 March 2015

It Is You I See

It is you I see looking back at me
The anger the anguish all set free
Standing in my glass
Looking from the bottom to this rim
Swirling wants and memories trashed
Pondering this ageless pain within
It is you I see looking back at me
The anger the anguish all set free

Crimson flooded eyes trembling lips
Pressing words for ages passed
Begotten in your youth long since lost the truth
Fretting fears self made sins that cannot last
It is you I see looking back at me
The anger the anguish all set free

Passions fruit festering with pride
A father struggles with hopes angry vine
Tempted tainted and failed you stand
A figure of modern man
Yet in your boots I strike the pose
For a future only heaven knows
It is you I see looking back at me
The anger the anguish all set free

Set me right in your sight
Trampling failure with prayers might
Count me a lesson now you’ve learned
Standing forgiven your praises earned
It is you I see looking back at me
The anger the anguish all set free

All set free
Looking back at me
********************
Abhijeet

No comments:

Post a Comment